Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's strange. . .

that I can come from such a world class city like San Francisco, and have the same complaints as small town kids. Namely that there is nothing for me there, careerwise. Here it is completely different. Even with a recession there are still exponentially more opportunities in costuming in NY than in SF. I feel like I can make it here, and I don't really feel like I can go back to completely scraping by and having to live off charity back in SF. But this is my optimism speaking. I don't have things lined up yet, I just feel like they will work out. I need to start papering the city with my resume. But yesterday I felt like an Uber-big City Bunny, I went to the Duke theatre to work on alterations with Rien and then I went to the Producer's Club to go to my other Roommie's rehearsal and help take some measurements for a show he is working on. I was walking to the train to head back to Queens with my bag full of alterations, and it dawned on me that I am working in NY in theatre!! Something I never would have figured 6 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment